Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Friday, April 19, 2013

National Infertility Awareness Week April 21-27 2013

Infertility is something very close to my heart. My husband and I were diagnosed with unexplained infertility when I was only 22 and he was 24. 8 long years we endured tests, shots and tons of heartbreak. Heartbreak from miscarriage, not being able to conceive, and from very rude people AND their very rude comments.

After 4 failed rounds of Clomid and then later 4 failed rounds of IUIs (3 with injectables), 2 years off to pay bills, relax and regroup, my husband and I went through IVF in 2007 and our son was born in 2008. We regret nothing! Even the rude people made us stronger.

Now Little Bear is 5 and we are due any day with our second (conceived naturally- which proves God works in odd ways). My husband and I are stronger people thanks to what we have gone through. We are closer to each other and to God. We both are quick to speak about the path we've walked. We both believe that we should teach people more about their bodies & how they work. We believe that rude people need to be educated (or slapped).

And we believe Awareness SHOULD be raised about this disease. Because THAT is what infertility is. A disease. And it's not your fault. It's not a punishment from God or any other higher being. It's a disease. It should be treated as such.

Please take time to join the movement. You don't have to wait until next week. Check out http://www.resolve.org/national-infertility-awareness-week/home-page.html for more information and how you can help.

Blessings!
Mama Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment