Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Little Bear the Super Whyer

I think it's time to change Little Bear's nickname from LB to Super Why. Why? First, he LOVES that show on PBS. Second, for the past week he's been wearing his super hero cape and won't let me call him anything BUT Super Why. And lastly, that's his favorite question. WHY?! When I tell people that i have a 'Whyer' I get, "Oh all 3 year olds ask why." That person does NOT have a Whyer. Yes, most 3/4 year olds ask why. Maybe 10, 15, 20 times a day. A 'Whyer' never stops. From the moment he wakes up until he FINALLY goes to bed, there's a why question rolling off his lips. "Why is it cloudy?" "Why are you making that for breakfast?" "Why don't you have more school work?" "Why are you driving this way?" "Why is the car going that way?" "Why are we stopping? Why does that say 'Wrong Way'? Why isn't Daddy home?" And it just goes on and on and on and ON!! Most kids stop asking questions after a while, but a Whyer doesn't stop. And because i don't won't to dim that light I answer every why question my Super Why can throw at me...well, at least I try.

So do you have a non-stop Whyer on your hands?

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I think Brooke's "whyer" phase lasted for about a month and then it just stopped. When we went to the grocery store it was "Why is that cookie there? Why did they make that box green? Why is that woman wearing that? Why do we need that?" I understand and hopefully Super Why's new stage won't last as long?!

    ReplyDelete