Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

You don't need a ROOM to LEARN.....

but it sure don't hurt! Welcome to Oakernut Academy! When we bought our house, the people before us had enclosed the garage into another bedroom. This room has been just about EVERYTHING in the years we've been in this house. Now, it's our classroom!

Here's our Arts & Craft/Play/Just about anything area. That black board is a chalk board. I used chalk board paint on the back of an old bookcase:


We found some old cabinets at the Habitat Restore. We painted them, and my WONDERFUL hubby hang them up for storage. Then I found some multi-color dots wall decals. And put the name of our school, Oakernut Academy. Then hung a thick string from one end to the other as an Art Clothes line.



Also took some colored buttons and hot glued them to clothes pins for some fun clips!


We LOVE tie dye at OA. So I couldn't pass up this rug when I found it for only $19.99! Little Bear calls it the "Dance Rug". LOL!



This is across the Dance Rug from the everything area. I found that bin set for only $12.00 when we bought the cabinets. The keyboard is my old one that we use for music lessons. And the cart is loaded with Arts & Crafts items LB can get to anytime he wants.





This is the reading area (the front side of the book shelf). The magazine rack is an old quilt rack that I bought for $3.00 and painted.



I told you we LOVE tie dye! I had some old white curtains hanging up, so to freshen it up some, I tie dyed them. (found the tie dye kit for ONLY $2.50!)



This it Little Bear's desk. An old school desk that I had when I was little. This is just for worksheets mostly. He's also has a desk upstairs that he uses for coloring.



And this is MY desk. Found it for $10.00! It's awesome and was ALREADY that cool blueish-purple color!!



Well, that's our school room. Of course, learning happens everywhere, and I LOVE that, but I also LOVE having a place where all the school supplies can be kept.

Tomorrow is our first day of school, so I'll post more then!

Happy LEARNING!

No comments:

Post a Comment