Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Geocaching

My husband and I have been talking about how we need a new hobby. Something for the family to get outside and enjoy. Today I found it...and it's called geocaching. You can read all about it at Geocaching...but simply put, it's a real-world outdoor treasure hunting game. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using GPS-enabled devices and then share their experiences online. Then you sign the log, choose a token from the box and leave a token in it's place.

We went hunting today after hubby got off of work. Found 4 geocaches within a mile of us! Little Bear had a blast on our 'treasure hunt'. We let him pick what treasure to keep, so he was so happy. Plan on hitting a few more this weekend.

So, do you geocach?

No comments:

Post a Comment