Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Reading, Writing & Video Games (week in review)

Whew, what a week. A niece and nephew from out of town were in town visiting family for a week, and wow, did they keep us busy! But we got a lot of learning done.

Including Little Bear learning to make S'mores. Yummy!!


We also practice writing a lot. I love his dry erase notebook. We get in a lot of time with those. He did A through Z (which is two pages)...here's a picture of him tracing the second half. Sorry about the flash, but its the best picture I've got.



I've also gotten into writing a short paragraph, only about 4 or 5 lines. And having him read it to me. The first time I did, out of 5 lines, he asked for help with 3 words! He knew all the rest. I think this will be a steady practice from now on.

Little Bear has played video games on and off for a while now. He spends most of him game play on the computer about twice a week, maybe 3 if he's been REALLY good. Video games come into play on weekends (Friday - Sunday) when his daddy and I are more able to play with him. He only plays the Wii right now, and we found the cutest little Wii controller for him!



And to tell you the truth, I like it a lot better to. Fits in my hand perfect, so we have been "fighting" over who's controller it is. LOL.

My niece spent a few nights with me and man did she ever teach Little Bear! She's amazing with him, and in just a few nights, he went from wild scribble when coloring (albeit, he would color different objects different colors, but it was still wild scribble) to this:

Which is LESS wild scribble...LOL...I think it's pretty good for a 3.5 year old.

Oh, and even though I prefer Crayola crayons (and I've always have), LB likes markers (for some odd reason). Well, this week I bought him Crayola Pip-squeaks and wow, can I see a different in his coloring! The above picture was colored with pip squeaks. They are a lot smaller than regular markers, about the size of a crayon. I highly recommend them if you're little one prefers markers.

Okay, I think that's all the high lights of our week. Now to start the new week, and hopefully keep everybody updated and little better!

Happy Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment