Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Free Your Mind Monday

Every day I try to ask a question in the local homeschooling group I created. I decided that Mondays shall be "Free Your Mind Monday" and the questions are meant to get you thinking. Today's question is:

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

This is a very important question for me, as I haven't 'done' much. I'm the youngest of 4 kids, so we didn't really go on vacation. I'm very free spirited (I AM Sagittarius after all)...but I was raised a lot by my dad (my parents are still married, but my mom worked night shift just about my whole life- which is 4pm til midnight). I spent A LOT of time with my dad....a Capricorn all the way! So I have a lot of Capricorn traits- such as being VERY cautious. (My husband & son are also Capricorns!!) Anyhow, I have this thing I do where I talk myself out of anything BIG! Or anything that I'm afraid I'll fail at. Or really anything I'm not 100% sure about. And we all know it's not all about being sure, it's about taking risks.

I've gotten better since my son has been born. I want my little Goat to be cautious but free. To think things through, but not be "too" careful. I want him to live. And I know that the best way to teach that is to live that.

Our family motto (and I think every family should have one) is- Savor Every Adventure (and everything is an adventure!).

If something happened to me right now, I would have TALKED much more than done. I don't want that to be the case. I want to try new things. Go different places. I want to teach my son to live life to it's fullest. To enjoy the time we have, because we just never know.

In the end, I want to have DONE much more than I've talked (and I TALK a lot!!)

1 comment:

  1. That is an AWESOME view to have. I fly so much in and out of my days, I haven't put a whole lot of thought in to what I have done or will do or want to do. But then again, I am a Sagittarius as well, but I have never had the balancing influence of the Capricorn. I do now have the force of a Leo, so I know I will always be protected. =)

    ReplyDelete