Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Monday, June 13, 2011

Welcome to Marvelous Monday!

Well, okay, maybe not quite Marvelous. Had to take Little Bear back to the doctors this morning. He was there about 3 weeks ago, and was given some meds, but they didn't really work. He still has fluid behind his right ear, and congestion and a cough. So the doctor gave him MORE meds (two liquids and a nose spray), so we'll see if these work. Poor kid...hasn't slept good in days!

So with us getting right and heading right to the doctors, we haven't had school yet. My husband's computer went out (it's dead....rest it's little computer soul) so he was on my laptop last night, so I had to draw/write out all his work for the day. I really do kinda enjoy it!

The first thing I did was make an "I Can" chart. Little Bear will earn stickers for each thing he completes on the chart over the next few weeks. Such as "I can read 40 words"...I know that's a lot, but he knows at least 43 sight words, so I know he'll earn that sticker fast. Then "I can read 50 words" and then 60. And I can spell 5 words- which he can spell about 10. I tried to give him some stickers he can earn fast to get him going, and then some that will take a while longer. See the picture:



I think this will be a good way to see how much he's learning. This is our Summer Chart...and then I'll make one for the Fall, Winter, Spring.

Speaking of Summer, our unit studies are going great! We have learned so much about penguins. Little Bear really likes working on his Lapbook every few days. So that's a BIG thumbs up.

In other news, we are trying to clean up our down stairs room (which is where the people who owned the house before us enclosed the carport). Once it's all clean and stuff, we are gonna divide it up into a game section (we want to move a TV down there and hook up the game systems) and a homeschool section. I'm so excited that we'll have a room (or at least half a room) by fall. It'll be nice to have a desk or table to work at, and things on the walls and stuff. Of course I'll post pictures once it gets all clean and organize and things.

Not much else going on other than laundry, and I'm sure you don't want to read about that.

Hope everybody has a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. I *really* like that I can chart, I might have to steal that. Oh, and I have had an update to the treasure hunt game. I have started doing treasure hunt 2-4 times a week using stuff that starts with our letter of the week. It has really helped with her phonics and letter-sound association!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did a treasure hunt today! He loves that. I think we are gonna go to hunt similar items. Little Bear already knows what each letter sounds like and is already working on sounding words out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the comment on my post. :) The flower stamps are just the bottom of a plastic bottle (like a 20oz. soda bottle)...just dip it in paint and voila....instant flower stamp. :)

    ReplyDelete