Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

So what's the big idea about color?

I'm working of having a designated area for homeschooling. Now the question is- what color should the area be? In my research, I have found that for young children are attracted to warm, bright colors but tints and pastels work best. Blue, Green and indigo help with logic while green, violet, red, peach, pink light yellow and purple stimulate creativity. But red is also a hunger trigger (think Micky Ds, Pizza Hut, KFC, ect). Blue increases productivity and green is very relaxing and is associated with nature, creativity, and fertile thinking.

So I'm thinking either pale blue or pastel green. But I'm not sure. Do you have a designated place for homeschooling? If so, what colors do you have it?

1 comment:

  1. I am considering buying lengths of cloth and changing out colors. Depending on what we are working on that day, change the color of the area.

    ReplyDelete