Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'm a bad blogger

I'm a bad blogger for not updating more this week! On Monday we got our July unit study started by starting our lapbook:



We added a copy of the Pledge, and a cool little maze. We also started saying the Pledge in the morning.



We are worked on cutting while following a line. Notice one picture he is cutting with his left and one picture he is cutting with his right. He still shows no teal preference to either hand.




We also worked on pasting and coloring.

I found this cool little thing at the book store; it's a wipe clean book about Phonics. It's super awesome and Little Bear loves working with it. Working on his reading/spelling/writing ALL at the SAME time!



We did more, like spin art, but my camera died. We also decided to have a party- a Birthday Party- on the 4th of July. Because "it's America's birthday". So yesterday I took LB to the dollar store and let him pick out some decorations for our party. I promised to take him back to get some balloons ("it's not a party without balloons!")

What are your plans for the 4th of July?

1 comment:

  1. Bad blogger=good mom!
    We are just having a few people over and cooking out. We *hope* to have the pool ready by then. I'm trying to persuade my dad to do fireworks.

    ReplyDelete