Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Fabulous Friday!

What an exciting week of homeschooling we have had! We have done all kinds of fun and exciting things. Lots of arts & crafts this week.

Yesterday, we made "Puffy Shapes". I don't know what else to call them. I took and cut out simple shapes out of card stock and them cut tissue paper into small squares. I put a little amount of glue on a scrap piece of paper. I showed Little Bear how to put a pencil, eraser down, in the middle of the tissue paper, then pull up the edges. Holding the tissue paper around the pencil, he dipped it in glue and then stuck it to the shapes. This is how they looked:



And today, wow, today we made Father's Day cards for Daddy, Granddaddy & Grandpa. I don't have pictures of those, but they turned out cute.

Then after lunch, Little Bear did water painting. It's super fun, and so easy that even the younger kids out there will be able to do it. First you take a paper towel (I had 3), using a washable marker, draw or write on the towels (I did numbers 14 - 20 since we are reviewing our numbers, and then one with simple shapes). Then give your child a *small* amount of water in a cup or dish, and a paint brush. Show them how to dip the brush into water, and then trace the shapes/numbers/whatever. The ink will feather out and look like painting! Then I simply put them outside to dry so that he can show his daddy when he gets home from work.

Here's Little Bear "painting" a few numbers:





And here are all three 'paintings' drying.



I have big things planned for next week too. I can't wait! But for now, Little Bear and I will be enjoying Father's Day weekend with the most important man in our lives! Happy Dad's Day to all the wonderful DADS out there. And to all the wonderful men who take part in the lives of children.

1 comment:

  1. I went to the Dollar store and got their packages of foam for crafts, and every week we have been exploring a new animal and shapes. Each week we make the animal of the week out of the shape of the week using the foam. I cut it out before hand. Or card stock works really well too. And we are also making Father's Day cards. =)

    ReplyDelete