Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 5, 30 Day Challenge

Day 5 – A time you thought about ending your own life.
--------

I can't name a time. Oh, I'm sure there *is* a time- I've been struggling with depression since about 15 years. I'm also a cutter (or at least back in the day I was) and when they diagnose you as a 'cutter' they also diagnose you with suicidal tendencies, which I don't agree with. Sure the thought crossed my mind, but really, I kinda enjoy life. I became an Aunt at 12, so the thought of leaving my nephew and nieces hurt. Knowing that I couldn't do that to my mom or my family, really held me back. I met my husband at 17, in the depths of my depression, so he really helped me through. So, a time I thought about ending my own life? Yes, I'm sure there was a time, but never a time when I thought it was a true option. Ending your own life is the easy way out.

1 comment:

  1. Even at your worst, you have been one of the most stable, self aware, secure people I have ever known. I can think of several times I have had this particular thought (though not in a number of years) and you have always been there to help. I look up to you and have always found you to be an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete