Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Day 3, 30 Day Challenge

Day 3 – Your views on Drugs and Alcohol

I'm kinda split on this one. As for drugs, I don't like them. Not sure why you need something that changes your mind in order to have a good time. It's been PROVEN people...drugs are bad. And people do them, and get behind the wheel. So know you are making yourself dumb AND putting my family in harms way. You don't have that right. On the other hand, I'm aware that certain drugs can be used for medical purposes, and in those cases I can understand (as long as you are not driving! or doing something else that can cause harm to someone else).

As for alcohol- well, I do drink....from time to time. I have never been drunk, and don't see the point in it. I have been tipsy....twice, and not sure that i like that feeling. My husband and I will enjoy a glass of something, from time to time, when we are out to dinner, but never more than one and always at the beginning of dinner. If we are at a party, only one of us will drink (even if it's only a glass).

So I guess, for me, the bottom line is- Drugs are bad, unless used for TRUE medical reasons. Alcohol, maybe not so bad, when used correctly and you ARE NOT DRIVING! (Are you starting to see a theme? It really comes down to, I don't care what you do, as long as what you are doing is not putting someone else in danger).

No comments:

Post a Comment