Welcome to my blog! It's a place to write about my life. It includes everyday things, but mostly it's a place to share our homeschooling journey.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

What AM I thinking?

I've searched everywhere. Looked on the internet, asked around, and I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for- a local homeschooling group. Nothing fancy really, just a group of moms (or dads) that homeschool their kids. Who are looking for playdates, and educational playdates, and field trips, and arts & craft days. People to answer questions and just to have fun with! My son is young, only 3 years old, and I'm not totally sure I'll homeschool past preschool, although I REALLY want too. So it would be nice to have mothers to talk to that's going through it. And not just via internet. Like minded people wouldn't be bad either, but at least open minded people. I have friends of all backgrounds and faiths, and I'm pretty open to just about anything (even if I don't fully understand it) and I want to be around people who are the same.

Who are respectful to others...willin' to learn...willin' to let their children learn. That's what life is about right? Learning?

Anyhow, I started something up on FaceBook so maybe I'll get some hits there...at least for the summer. I know Little Bear will love getting to get with his 'friends' (which is anybody about his size...LOL).

I just didn't know it would be this hard to find other homeschoolers...or even people who just take an active role in their kids education.

Anyhow, I'm sure over the next few weeks, I'll be writing a lot about trying to find people to do stuff with. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment